Featured Partner: STEM Jobs
STEM Jobs is a completely unique educational platform focused on helping students connect their passions to real-life careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. STEM Jobs “Connects Classrooms to Careers” by featuring a leading print magazine, dynamic digital resources, and supplemental classroom materials to aid teachers and inspire students to #DoWhatYouLove in STEM. STEM Jobs reaches virtually every high school, community college, technical school and military transition center in the country.
Causes Marketing Opportunities & Sample Programs
At 4‑H, we believe in the power of young people to make a difference. We are America’s largest youth development organization, empowering almost six million kids a year with the skills to lead for a lifetime. And, with an alumni audience of 25 million and partnerships with state universities in all 50 states and programs in every county in America, the 4‑H brand has power in the marketplace.
Research clearly shows that American demand for cause is stronger than ever. Here are some statistics and reports that shed light on doing well by doing good.
- Cause sponsorship is predicted to reach $200 billion in 2016, a projected increase of 3.7% over 2015. IEG Sponsorship Report
- 90% of consumers say they would switch brands to one associated with a cause, given comparable price and quality. Cone Communications/Ebiquity’s 2015 Global CSR Study
- 91% of consumers want even more of the products and services they use to support cause. 2013 Cone Communications Social Impact Study
- 71% of consumers have donated to charity at the cash register, according to Change at the Checkout by Good Scout Group.
- Six out of ten Millennials say a sense of purpose is part of the reason they chose to work for their current employer. The Millennial Survey 2015 (Deloitte)
4‑H’s Clover Campaign is a proven effective way for companies to create significant awareness about their investment in youth and invite their consumers to join them in supporting 4‑H by giving $1 at check-out in-store and online. What sets 4‑H’s Clover Campaign apart from other national point of sale campaigns is that the majority of funds stay in the communities in which they are raised.
4‑H’s premier Clover Campaign partner, Tractor Supply Company, generates $2 million annually through a 12-day Clover Campaign each spring and fall.
Social Media Campaigns
With an audience of 700,000 social media followers, 4‑H has digital influence. Working with our cause marketing partners to identify and advance mutually beneficial objectives, 4‑H produces highly engaging and meaningful social media campaigns.
Sponsored campaigns have included 4‑H GROWS, an alumni identification campaign that invited states to compete for STEM grants based on the number of alumni acquired during the campaign period. 4‑H’s latest social media campaign is “SHOUT-OUT #TrueLeaders” — a simple yet powerful way to leverage social media to “SHOUT-OUT” kids who take responsibility in their lives and communities, who have the courage to try something new, who dare to fail and who never give up. Through sponsorship, partners can incentivize adults for recognizing the young leaders in their lives.
Grow True Leaders Partners
4‑H launched a national campaign, Grow True Leaders, to give youth a voice and grow from reaching six million youth to ten million youth annually by 2025. Companies that sign on as Grow True Leaders partners have access to engaging campaign assets to create awareness for their investment in youth. Campaign assets include resources such as digital and print ads, videos, photography and messaging. Visit our Karo Syrup partner page.
Featured Cause Marketing Partners
Accolades and Awards
America’s largest independent charity evaluator, Charity Navigator, consistently awards National 4‑H Council the highest possible four-star rating based on financial health, accountability and transparency. 84% of 4‑H expenditures directly support youth programs.
4‑H has also received the American Business Association’s Stevie Award and recognition from the Cause Marketing Forum as a Halo Award finalist for programs conducted with cause marketing partners.
Strategic Alliance Partners
- 4‑H Million Trees Project
- Botanical Society of America
- Conrad Foundation
- International Society of Technology Educators
- My College Options
- National Association of Rocketry
- National Center for Women & Information Technology
- National Geographic Education Foundation
- National Girls Collaborative Project
- Pulse of the Planet
- The National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
- US FIRST Robotics
- USA Science & Engineering Festival
U.S. Department of Agriculture & Government Collaborators
- Department of Defense
- Fish and Wildlife Service
- Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs
- Operation Military Kids
Federal Collaborators at NIFA (National Institute of Food and Agriculture)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Interagency Working Group on Youth Programs
- Natural Resources and Conservation Service
- Operation: Military Kids
- U.S. Air Force Airmen and Family Services
- U.S. Army Child, Youth and School Services
- U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Navy Child and Youth Programs
- USDA Food and Nutritional Service
- U.S. Forest Service
- Interagency Collaboration to Promote Public Health and Recreation
Growing True Leaders in Partnership
America’s leading corporations find that partnering with 4‑H, the largest youth development organization, is good business. With locations in every county and parish across the country serving 6 million young people, 4‑H provides opportunities for companies to support the communities where their employees and customers live and work. In addition, with social media channels that reach 700,000 youth, families, volunteers and educators, we have the capacity to tell the impactful story of our partnership.
To learn more about how 4‑H is growing true leaders in STEM, healthy living, citizenship and food & agriculture, please watch our new, 60 second video.
For more information on corporate partnerships, please contact Heather Elliott , VP Development at 301-792-1023.
4‑H signature program areas drive impact for kids through in-school programs, after-school programs, camps and 4‑H clubs.
Each year, 4‑H STEM and agriculture programs help 4‑H youth conduct more than 5 million science projects in areas such as coding, robotics, agri-science and environmental science.
4‑H citizenship programs develop help youth become well-informed citizens involved in their communities while teaching leadership and decision-making skills.
4‑H healthy living programs teach youth how to make positive, healthy choices and balance physical and emotional health.Learn More