Chipotle Chicken & Sautéed Hominy
We’re celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month with a new 4-H at Home cooking demo, brought to you by the Walmart Foundation! Our very own 4-H’er Guillermo Estrada will join chef and judge on Food Network’s Chopped, Aarón Sánchez, to whip up this tasty chicken dish with a spicy twist.
Courtesy of: Chef, TV Personality and Author, Aarón Sánchez
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Wooden spoon
- Slotted spoon
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Zester / grater
- Large mixing bowl
- Can opener
- Medium saucepan
- Large skillet (preferably cast iron)
- Paper towels
- Dutch oven or large casserole dish
- Food processor or blender
- Stovetop / range
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Pour the oil into a heavy ovenproof medium saucepan and add the garlic. Cover the pot with foil, put it in the oven and cook until the garlic turns a nutty brown and is really soft (think cream cheese), about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let the garlic and oil cool to room temperature.
- Put the now garlic-infused oil in a food processor or blender. Add the chipotles and sauce, cilantro, lime zest, and salt and puree until the mixture is very smooth.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly covered container for up to 2 weeks or freeze.
Brought to you by:
No endorsement of these supporters' products or services is granted or implied by 4‑H.