Explore different cultures by creating mini pizzas from around the world.
About the Activity
In this activity, kids can be creative with different pizza toppings to invent unique “multicultural pizzas” made on whole-wheat pitas. Try these recipes at home and share them with others!
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Everything you need to make these delicious pizzas from around the world.
- parchment paper
- pizza pan or cookie sheet
- knife (with adult supervision)
- cutting board
- 1 red or green pepper
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- whole-wheat pitas
- 1 red onion
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1 apple (sliced)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 8 olives
- 1/4 cup Monterey Jack, mozzarella or feta cheese (reduced fat)
- chili powder, parsley, cinnamon
- olive oil
- Why is it important to follow a recipe step-by-step?
- What steps did you take to create your own multicultural pizza?
- How does eating foods from around the world enhance your daily diet?
- What other things do you do that require following directions?
- What other multicultural activities do you enjoy?