EASY EGG AND SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Featured in Fresh Chefs, a collection of recipes from the 4-H family
About the Activity
“I learned to prepare this recipe at cooking camp. I like it because it has everything I like for breakfast in it and I can make it for my mom and dad!”
Grade Level: 1-8
Topic: Food Science, Food Safety
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Submitted by Tracey, 13, Mississippi
Supplies and Ingredients
Gather the following ingredients and supplies for this activity.
- 1 pound sausage (chicken or pork)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Brown sausage and drain. Toss with cheese and bread.
- Pour into a greased shallow baking dish (7x11).
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.