About the Activity
This simple and fun craft activity is great for intermediate sewers! Family and friends will love getting a special treat in these festive drawstring bags.
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Brought to you by JOANN Fabrics and Crafts.
A few basic craft supplies will get you started.
- 1/4 yd. fabric for each bag
- 52" of 1/4" wide ribbon for each bag
- Yarn needle
Follow these simple steps to make your drawstring bag.
- Cut 18" x 7" rectangle out of fabric. Fold in half short, right-sides together.
- Sew long ends, stopping 1 1/2" from unfolded edge. Press side seams open.
- Fold over top edge 1/2" and 1/2" again, then edge stitch to finish raw edge and create casing.
- Cut 2, 26" lengths of ribbon. Thread each length of ribbon through casing. Knot each ends of ribbon together. Pull ribbons to cinch bag opening. See diagram for ribbon threading.
Brought to you by:
No endorsement of these supporters' products or services is granted or implied by 4‑H.