About Juntos 4‑H
Juntos 4‑H, which translates to “together,” provides students and families with:
- Family engagement: high school and middle school workshops, family nights and events
- Juntos 4‑H Clubs: focused on academics, tutoring, life-skill activities, and community service
- Juntos One-On-One Success Coaching/Mentoring: adults help youth achieve their goals
- Summer Programs: Summer Academy, local 4‑H summer programs and other local events.
Programs are available to English and Spanish-speaking students and their families in numerous communities across the US.
Check out the video of Texas 4‑H’er and New York Life-supported Juntos 4‑H member David who joined NASA Astronaut Jose Hernandez for an exciting ‘Day in the Life’ STEM experience.
Program Goals and Outcomes
Juntos 4‑H has three goals:
- See more Latino youth benefit from 4‑H programming
- Build relationships with Latino communities so they benefit and become involved in 4‑H and other Extension programming
- Empower Latino families with the resources needed to achieve their educational goals for their youth.
As a result of participating in Juntos 4‑H, students report a greater sense of belonging and confidence in their futures:
- 87% of participants feel like they now belong in school
- 93% of students feel that Juntos helped them belong at school
- 91% of youth improved their grades in school
- 92% of students feel confident that they will graduate from high school.
The My Financial Future curriculum is a great complement to the Juntos program and focuses on financial literacy.