4‑H Healthy Futures Outcomes
The 4‑H Healthy Futures youth program will help youth from kindergarten through eighth grade grow foundational skills important to any career and learn how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
When surveyed, at least 75% of youth who have gone through the program report that they:
- Understand what they can do to manage stress.
- Have thought about their post-secondary career or education options.
- Plan to eat more fruits or vegetables and prepare meals or snacks with their family at home.
- Understand the importance of drinking enough water.
The 4‑H Healthy Futures Teen Ambassador Program also helps teens:
- Learn how to deliver a lesson or facilitate a healthy living activity with K-8 aged youth.
- Develop relationships within their community members and professionals, including people who could provide reference letters, internships opportunities or other experiences critical to a successful future path.
From July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020, 6,860 youth and their families and 100 teens will pilot the Healthy Futures program in Arizona, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska and Tennessee.
Youth will participate in at least six hours of programming in an in-school, after-school or camp setting. Teens will participate in at least ten hours of programming, which includes a more in-depth focus on post-career options and developing skills through teaching younger youth.
Click below to learn more about 4‑H healthy living programs.Learn More