National 4‑H Council launched this initiative in 2017 to spotlight some of the most accomplished and influential 4‑H alumni across the nation. The distinguished alumni in this group help raise awareness and generate support for 4‑H so we can bring the life-changing 4‑H programs and opportunities to more kids in need.
4‑H Luminaries help fuel the growth of 4‑H by committing to:
- Invest: Make or facilitate an annual donation to help grow the mission of 4‑H.
- Connect: Open doors to their network for marketing, media and fundraising opportunities for 4‑H.
- Advocate: Serve as 4‑H spokespeople in the media, at events and online.
- Engage: Offer their expertise and access to experiences for 4‑H youth, alumni and professionals.
4‑H Luminaries Benefits
4‑H Luminaries receive the following benefits:
- Be recognized as part of 4‑H’s most prominent alumni group.
- Experience the 4‑H mission through local 4‑H programs, national 4‑H events and initiatives.
- Receive regular communication from 4‑H on personalized engagement opportunities, the work of fellow Luminaries and 4‑H news and events.
- Network with other influential 4‑H alumni and supporters through invitations to exclusive events.
- Be given a personal point-of-contact within 4‑H to support your involvement.
Honorary Host Committee
Vice President of Engineering, Ads and Pages at Facebook
Andrew "Boz" Bosworth
President of West Virginia University
Dr. Gordon Gee
Grammy Award-winning Country Superstar and 4‑H National Spokesperson
Panelist on FOX TV's pilot social media talk show "So-Me," and New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
2019 Class of 4‑H Luminaries
The 2019 class of 4‑H Luminaries were officially inducted at the National 4‑H Council Annual Legacy Awards on March 12, 2019 in Washington, D.C. They are pictured with National 4‑H Council President and CEO Jennifer Sirangelo.
From left to right: Doug Carver (Former Chief of Chaplains , U.S. Army), Justine Boyd (Regional Development Director, United Negro College Fund), Jennifer Crider (Senior Director, Public Affairs, Microsoft) Bob Baffert (American Racehorse Trainer, Bob Baffert Racing Stables), Jennifer Sirangelo, President and CEO, National 4‑H Council), Ericka Flanigan (Colonel, U.S. Airforce), Charlie Kimball (President & Race Driver, CK Motorsport), Lori Gadkari (Senior Program Officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation)
2018 Class of 4‑H Luminaries
The 2018 class of 4‑H Luminaries were officially inducted at the National 4‑H Council Annual Legacy Awards on March 20, 2018 in Washington, D.C.
From left to right: Curtis Ullerich (Software Engineer, Google), Maggie Sans (SVP and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Wal-Mart in China), Dr. Julier Bell (President, University of Maryland Eastern Shore), Ethel Branch (Attorney General of the Navajo Nation), Jill Soltau (CEO JOANN Stores), Jeffrey Zeleny (Senior White House Correspondent, CNN)