GRANTS AND AWARDS
Welcome to WebGrants
National 4 H Council grants give youth and adults the opportunity to take on issues critical to their lives, families, and communities. The grants are offered through land-grant universities to 4 H programs in local communities, counties, and states. The WebGrants online portal is a one-stop resource to access all available funding opportunities as well as submit related reporting.
Applications for funding are only accepted from 4 H/Extension professionals and state level Extension 4 H/Youth Development Program Leaders or LGU Administrators. Grant deadlines are determined in conjunction with our funding partners. Once a particular grant is announced, grant proposals are normally solicited for at least an eight-week period.
Explore the resources below to learn more about the 4-H WebGrants portal.
Grant proposal/application tips
When preparing a proposal/application, remember to:
- Thoroughly read the entire RFP/RFA before you begin
- Start preparing the proposal/application well before the deadline; waiting until the last minute often results in forgotten elements and simple errors that make the submission less likely to be funded
- Review all program objectives and create a plan that you can implement that clearly addresses the stated objectives
- Note the project implementation dates to ensure you will be able to meet all reporting and deliverable deadlines
- Make sure your budget is suitable for accomplishing your plan, accurately reflects the allowable costs to fulfill grant requirements, and has been checked for math errors
- Ensure that all necessary attachments are included and do not include attachments that are not requested
- Allow enough time for review by your LGU sponsored programs office, if required.
- Don’t forget, your state level Extension 4‑H/Youth Development Program leader or LGU administrator must have time to approve the proposal as well.
Please note that failure to adhere to all requirements may exclude
your proposal/application from consideration for the funding opportunity.