February is all about hearts! Yes, Valentine’s Day is coming up, but it’s also American Heart Month.The heart is one of the most important organs in your body–you can’t live without it! Unfortunately, heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.It’s about time we showed our hearts a little more love!
You can start improving your heart health today, with the American Heart Association’s ‘Life’s Simple 7’:
- Avoid smoking and using tobacco products.
- Be physically active every day.
- Eat a heart-healthy diet.
- Keep a healthy weight.
- Keep your blood pressure healthy.
- Keep your total cholesterol healthy.
- Keep your blood sugar healthy.