About the Program
Healthy Habits is currently active in more than 30 states to mobilize under-served youth to take action around nutritional deficiencies, healthy food choices and physical activity in grades 4-12. The goal for each state is to reach at least 100,000 youth and family members. Teens trained to be teachers, mentors and rol models manage and plan the Healthy Habits program.
Healthy Habits programs goals apply to the teen ambassadors and the youth participating in the program.
- Impact under-served/at-risk youth and their families with quality healthy living education and learning opportunities
- Improve dietary choices and increase physical fitness
- Build an appreciation for healthy foods
- Encourage families to eat one meal together each day
- Share information regarding locally available healthy living resources.
Healthy Habits also mobilizes teens as teachers and mentors so they can plan and manage programs and volunteer opportunities and build life skills.
- Increase leadership and workforce readiness skills
- Explore careers in health-related fields
- Develop confidence, critical-thinking, problem-solving and public speaking skills
Eat and Move-O-Matic
The Eat & Move-O-Matic! teaches about the foods you eat and how they help fuel your body for your favorite activities. Make new discoveries about your favorite foods and get interesting tips on how small changes can make big differences.